Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Alabama Medieval and Fantasy Festival

I recently had the opportunity to travel to my first Renaissance faire.
It was SO MUCH FUN!!! I spent a week making costumes for myself, my oldest daughter, and a friend of hers.

click here for a video clip of my costume!

When the day finally came, we drove two hours to get there. We were not disappointed.
Instantly upon arrival we were transported to Dragon Croft, a medieval town that had magically appeared in the middle of rural Alabama.



There were merchants, magicians, pirates, elves, fairies, minstrels, knights, a unicorn, and a royal court. (The queen actually stopped me during her processional to the joust and complimented my dress and wings! We are best friends now, no big deal.)
I snagged the best looking satyr at the faire!
We cheered as our knight, Sir Christopher, jousted valiantly but lost. No worries though, because he promptly stood up and proceeded to beat his competitor over the head with his shield.   :)

Here I am with Sir Christopher!

It wasn't part of my 40 Before 40 goals, but it was still a blast and I'm so glad I went.
I can't wait until next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment